"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Priceless Gift!

Wow! I cannot believe it's been almost a year since I have written on this blog. I did not plan to stay away that long. The good news is that I am back and I have received so much insight that I cannot wait to share with you. As we celebrate today the birth of our Savior Jesus, it is also a time for reflection about things and events that transpired in both our personal and spiritual lives. Let me just say the Lord took me to school this year. He made me wean from the bottle and challenged me to graduate from Kindergarten to a higher level where I can begin to eat some solid food such as meat. So, I have tested the "meat of the Word" and I can tell you that it is good and it gets better day by day. That's why I have no intention of reverting back to "baby food". I am praising God for spiritual upgrade and for allowing me to graduate to higher level in Christ. Throughout the upcoming blogs, I will write about the lessons I have learned and how I dealt with life's unexpected turns.
However, I just stop today to say a prayer for you but most importantly to bring my gift to Jesus: a Thanksgiving offering.
Indeed we don't need a special day to say thank you. We all know how the world becomes so frantic during this season as I mentioned it on a previous blog .  We can dare to be different by being less self-centered and more Christ-centered. After all, it is His Birthday.
Imagine for a moment being the guest of honor at a celebration that was the talk of the town. Your transportation, your clothes, your shoes, your jewelry were all paid for by the same person who invited you. Not to leave anything undone, He even booked you a room at a "Taj-Mahal" like hotel.You could hardly believe your eyes when you entered the place where the festivities were taking place : exquisite foods, "out-of-this world" delicacies and drinks" Did I mention "precious stones" cutlery and diamond plates that you did not have to return ? How about the "professional staff assigned to cater to every one of your needs. But wait, you were not just like any guest ! You were seated at the table of Honor and treated like Royalty. In addition, you were not required to bring any gift or even contribute anything. Rather, it was written in golden letters on the invitation cards:

"Come as you are, Grace will be supplied in Abundance at no Cost to you"

This is not a fantasy but a reality that anyone can live when they understand the reason why Jesus came. I don't know about you but I am going to tell you few among countless blessings He bestowed upon me when I accepted His invitation :

- He gave me a second lease as far as my life is concerned with a much better proposal that I could not refuse: "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." (John 10:10, NLT)

- He covered my nakedness, made me over and crowned me with Glory: “ I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments.I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck,and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. " (Ezekiel 16:9-12, NIV)

- He covered all my unrighteous acts with His grace and made me right with Him: "For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17, NLT).

- He did not disqualify me because of pre-existing conditions but He accepted me with all the baggage from my past: "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he has made us accepted in the beloved." 
(Ephesians 1:6, KJV).

He looked me straight in the eye and told me to believe until it sunk deep within my soul that: "I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." (Psalm 139:14, NIV)

The list goes on. I would not have enough room to tell it all. Jesus is the "Man". How can I ever repay Him back? It is impossible. Nevertheless, I know I can do this much, which is to glorify God for bringing Emmanuel, who wanted to tabernacle among lowly men. I am so glad you came, Jesus, my Lord, my Brother and Best Friend more than two thousand years ago on a Christmas day! Happy Birthday!

Merry Christmas to all! May you be rooted in the love of God and may this wonderful season grant you an Abundance of Christ's Peace that will linger forever. Joyeux Noël!






Prayer: Heavenly Father, we come with a grateful heart to present to you a Thank offering. Nothing can compare to the most precious gift that you have freely given us, your Son, Jesus Christ. In Jesus, we have received salvation, eternal life, restoration, deliverance, freedom, peace and so much more. May your Name be praised! Power, Glory, Dominion and Honor belong to you Emmanuel, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Bread of Life, Adonai !  I love you! I Adore You! In Jesus' Name! Amen!


May your life be a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God !

Abi



 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome words that inspire. Keep on writing Abi. Keep up the God work. Stay blessed!!! Pastor Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor for stopping by :). I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...