"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Chapter.


The city of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia has been my home for almost five years. As the Bible instructs us in Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NASB):

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven-"

I thoroughly enjoyed my season in Philadelphia. I am grateful to God for many blessings He bestowed upon me:

Friendships, valuable life's lessons, spiritual growth and maturity. Most importantly, this is where I really experienced God's unchanging Hand. Despite living in a foreign land, I always had a roof above my head, food on my table, clothes on my back, God's protection, God's provision and God's providence. On many occasions where I could have found myself in a pit, God intervened and showered me with Fresh Manna from Heaven. Manna is defined in the dictionary as :
" food miraculously provided, spiritual nourishment of divine origin, something of value that a person receives unexpectedly."

Yes, Miracles still happen and I have been the recipient of many. As I am getting ready to close a chapter of my life in Philadelphia, I am counting of the faithfulness of the "Miracle-Wonder-Working" God to carry me over. Our God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is the one who will walk with me as I relocate back home to Canada.
Life will take us trough different changes. Some might even be unexpected and difficult but I encourage you to be opened during the process. While times of transition can be scary because of the fear of the unknown or leaving the familiar, we should always remember that God is immutable. He is constant in His Love for you. Therefore, He will be with you to help you navigate through periods of uncertainties. He is the God of your past, present and future. He is the Alpha and the Omega. Some doors may close, others open or be in a limbo stage but God does not change. He reminds us himself in Malachi 3:6 (NLT):

"I am the LORD, and I do not change"

What a wonderful promise! I am holding it close to my heart and looking forward to a new beginning while I continue to be in awe of God's amazing plans for all of us.



Prayer: Heavenly Father, we worship you today for who you are. We magnify and bless your Holy Name! You are immutable! You are incredible !You are amazing! We thank you Lord for your constant love and faithfulness towards us as we experience periods of transitions. Our circumstances and surroundings may change but we know that your unchanging Hand is stretched towards us in every season that you have ordained in our lives as Isaiah 59:1 proclaims: "Listen! The Lord's arm is not too weak to save you, nor His ear too deaf to hear you call." Help us, Jesus to firmly believe in these promises when change comes knocking at our doors. In Jesus' Name! Amen!


May your life be a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God !

Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...