"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 : I am coming Back!

Happy New Year 2012! I pray that God will perfect everything which concerns you in 2012: Health, Family, Relationships and Finances. I was one of those who could not wait to kiss 2011 good bye. I was eagerly waiting for the new year to get here. Excitement was building up as I looked at the clock ticking. You may wonder what was the hype all about. Every year, I would usually just go through the motions and write my resolutions. It would not take long before I gave up on my commitments and return to my old habits. I have been doing the same routine for as long as I can remember. However, I made a conscious decision that some things would need to change in 2012 because I was so determined to not repeat the same mistakes I made in 2011. In addition to writing my goals, I have also added four ingredients on my plate: Determination, Discipline, Dedication and Devotion. I believe these will be the keys that will transform my setbacks into comebacks. I thank God for giving me a clear vision, which allows me to understand the purpose in my pains. Indeed, I went through in 2011 in order to come through and come back. The trials were not meant to destroy me but they were used by God to brew a revolt within me that shouts: "Enough is enough! I am coming back in 2012." I have jotted down few points to explain how I intend to accomplish just that.

In fact, if  you feel the same way I do, You can come back in 2012 by being:

- Determined:  We should have a firmness of purpose and  make the resolution to put God first in our lives. We  must seek Him first and acknowledge Him in everything we do so that God can direct our paths. Therefore, We must commit to read the Bible daily, to pray without ceasing, to seek God's face through worship and to spend time alone with God so that we can hear His voice.

- Disciplined: We have to exercise self-control and train ourselves to comply to the promises we made to God and ourselves. This will be achieved by setting Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-framed (S.M.A.R.T) goals and apply them in every area of our lives: Spirituality, Career, Business, Health.

- Dedicated: We must be wholly committed to our dreams. If God has put a desire in our hearts, We should follow a specific action plan in order to see them materialize. It is no longer enough to talk about it or  pray about it but Now is the time to get up and just do it! We have to  forsake and renounce procrastination, laziness and slothfulness forever. The Bible says: "Faith without works is dead."

- Devoted: We should become zealous in our love for God, our family, friends and ourselves. We must shun negativity and pessimism in all its forms from our lives. We should engage in activities that will not only nurture our relationship with Jesus Christ but will also create health of the body, mind, soul and spirit. Furthermore, it is very important to practice the discipline of speaking positively, seeing the glass half-full rather than half-empty, turning a failure into a learning opportunity.

I am up for the challenge and It is my prayer and hope that you will join me. When you do, I am 100 % positive and persuaded that God :

" is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3: 20 (NIV).
Yes, I guarantee you that God will bless us in 2012 beyond our wild imaginations but we must also do our part. This is not just some wishful and positive thinking but it is a formula that has been tested and true as King Solomon says in Proverbs 30: 5 :
"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."
As you step out of your comfort zone and walk by faith throughout the year, I am encouraging you with my "Marching orders for 2012" : to live passionately for Jesus Christ, to laugh out loud and to get back up when I fall down.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, we consecrate this year 2012 into your hands. Have your way in us. Please give us the courage, the strength and the ability to be determined, disciplined, dedicated and devoted to keep the promises we make to You and to ourselves. May the goals we want to achieve in 2012 be aligned to your divine Will. May you open the doors that need to be opened and close any door that needs to be closed. May your unmerited favor rest upon us as we are always mindful to give you thanks, glory, honor and praise. In Jesus' Name. Amen!


May your life be a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God !

Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...